A Thermador kitchen is more luxurious more effective and more finelooking than any other kitchen Because for seven decades Thermador has been at the forefront of fusing the art and science of design and ingenuity From introducing the original built-in
- Amazon Sales Rank: #205179 in Major Appliances
- Color: stainless-steel
- Brand: Thermador
- Model: SGSX365FS
- Dimensions: 3.81″ h x 37.00″ w x 21.25″ l, 49.00 pounds
- Knobs feature a safety “push to turn” system
- Automatic electronic re-ignition
- Exclusive 200 BTU ExtraLow burners for perfective simmering
- Single point ignition – only burner that is being used is ignited
- Chiseled, angular design coordinates with the suite of Thermador Masterpiece Collection appliances
20 of 22 people found the following review helpful.
Avoid this dog
By Meriam Matthews
If I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t get this cooktop. I’m a serious cook and there are major problems with this unit.
1. The racks are so high above the flame that it takes forever to heat anything.
2. Only the center large burner is large enough to heat quickly.
3. The other 4 burners are agonizingly slow to heat even small amounts of food.
4. The flame “hisses” when you turn it on high. Annoying. It’s not silent the way it should be. The “hiss” only disappears when you turn it down to simmer.
5. When you use the center or rear burners, because the knobs are in front, you have to bend forward to stir and tend your pots and pans.
6. The knobs don’t have a gentle “stop” area where you can feel when you have reached either the highest or lowest setting.
Please, if you cook often, this isn’t your cooktop. The previous iteration of Thermador’s gas cooktop, which was available in all black is no longer available, was FAR better, with better design. Whomever designed this model isn’t a cook.
Sorry, Thermador, but you really blew the design on this model.
13 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Thermador – prone to break
I am totally dissatisfied with my Thermador hob. It has continually malfunctioned (one or more burners) do not work either the gas or the ignition. Thankfully I purchased a service warranty but really that is not much help as the various service providers that have come to repair it have to wait sometimes up to 6-months to get the replacement parts! If I could do it again I would buy any other brand but never Thermador!
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful.
We bought a Thermador in 2000.
It’s not terrible to cook with but the accumulated repair costs have been staggering.
One button goes out at least annually for a repair cost of $150.
The glass blew out. Overall the repair costs are at or approaching the cost of the range
in the first place.
It’s not a lemon either. That’s the really sad part.
It just has some really poorly designed parts.
I will never buy any Thermador product again.
I only write this to help other avoid making the same expensive mistake we did.
PS. I do not work for any kitchen appliance company, nor have I in the past.
See all 6 customer reviews…