Enjoy the superior flavor and nutrition of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables with this countertop juicing machine. Simple to operate, the 850-watt unit features an extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute that accommodates even huge chunks or entire pieces of fruit or vegetables, which means less chopping beforehand. Just place a glass or little pitcher underneath the spout, insert the desired produce, and gently press down using the included pusher. The juicer’s ingenuous dual-speed motor and powerful stainless-steel cutting disc quickly and effortlessly extract the juices from a assortment of foods, including soft melon and cucumbers or rind-on pineapple, thick-skinned apples, and carrots. In fact, it may formulate 8 ounces of juice from whole apples in just five seconds. Choose high speed (12,000 RPMs) for denser fruits and harder vegetables and low speed (6,500 RPMs) for leafy vegetables and soft fruit. The machine comes equipped with a large-capacity pulp collector, which captures the greatest or most complete or best possible amount of bitter pulp, seeds, and skin to yield smooth, delicious juice. Other highlights include a handsome heavy-grade polymer exterior, a safety locking arm, overload shelter LED to protect the motor, and top-shelf dishwasher-safe removable parts for quick cleanup. Accessories include a 1-liter juice jug with a froth separator, a stainless-steel micro mesh filter basket, and a cleaning brush for the micro mesh filter basket. The two-speed countertop juicing machine measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches and carries a one-year fixed warranty.
Drink to your health. Get into the world of juicing with this no-nonsense dual-speed juice fountain. The Dual speed motor allows you to juice hard fruits and vegetables such as apples and beets on high speed by spinning the filter at 12,000 RPM. Low speed is optimal for softer fruits and leafy green vegetables such as cantaloupe and spinach. The Juice Fountain Plus cutting disc is so powerful that pineapple may be juiced in big chunks with the rind on. This altered model includes an bettered 1 liter juice jug with froth separator and an overload shelter LED to protect the motor.Easy, lightning-quick operation and simple clean-up. Healthier living starts here.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #152 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Size: 13 x 18
- Color: Greay
- Brand: Breville
- Model: JE98XL
- Released on: 2001-06-10
- Dimensions: 18.20″ h x 16.50″ w x 13.20″ l, .0 pounds
- Countertop juicing machine with extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
- Safety locking arm; overload shelter LED; large-capacity pulp collector
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year fixed warranty
252 of 256 people found the following review helpful.
Wow Juice Fountain
By Vincent D.
The Breville JE98XL was our replacement to our decade old Jack Lalanne Juicer. Wow, what a difference. If I had known what I was missing I would have made the switch a long time ago. We get a lot more juice out of our fruits and veggies with the Breville than with the Jack Lalanne. I can only imagine how much money was wasted over the years by not getting everything out of our produce. The Breville also makes quick work of juicing. Before, it was a major event to create enough juice for my family. Now it takes minutes. Clean up is super easy as well. And with the fitted juice catcher, no more mess to clean up like with the Jack Lalanne.
One more comment on all those downers who gripe about high revolutions killing the enzymes. Yes it is true, but to a very small degree. And the time I save with the Breville is well worth the small faction of enzymes I may lose.
I have been juicing for over a decade and this is the best machine I have used. I am once again excited about juicing, thank you Breville!
147 of 148 people found the following review helpful.
No Comparison to ANY Other Juicer in this price range
By S. Gill
I had the Juiceman Pro 210 juicer and now this one. I alternate between being really into juicing to not juicing at all. So a $400-$500 investment in a single gear masticating juicer does not make sense.
I am currently into a ‘really into juicing’ phase, so much so that I overworked the poor Juiceman juicer a while ago.
Since I had no other point of reference at the time, my only issue with the Juiceman Pro 210 was that the feeder was small. I did wonder what it would be like to have a juicer accept an apple or orange without having to quarter it. But that really was the only issue. No complaints with plastic or motor or quantity of juice.
This Breville juicer beats the Juiceman hands down in EVERY category that I can think of. It has the power, it’s compact enough to fit where I need it to on my kitchen counter and more:
1. Speed Counts – I’m a busy mom. I work, I cook, I chauffeur and somewhere in there I need to find the time to juice. I can’t wait 30 minutes for a machine to work through veggies and fruit *at low temperature* and 100% dry pulp to get my juice. I can take out 10mins. 5 mins to prep the veggies and fruits (I peel my organic carrots before I juice them as an example, or to peel oranges, or wash the spinach). 1 min to juice it all. Literally. 1 min. Regardless of what you throw at it. And I juice for four glasses at a time. And then 2-3 mins for cleanup. So the long pole in the tent is the prep – not dealing with the juicer – which is great.
2. Juice Quantity Counts – Could the juice output be higher with some of the higher end products? Likely. But the cost of the higher end items plus the extra time to wait for the juice is not worth it to me. The pulp for ‘hard’ produce like carrots and beets feels very dry to me with this juicer. The difference between the Juiceman and the Breville is really in how it deals with the soft produce. I had to run the soft produce pulp through the Juiceman twice and I got equal quantities of juice. With the Breville 98XL, it is so dry the first go around that it absolutely is not worth my time to deal with the pulp a second time. I figure I get about 5% more juice by running the pulp through again. If that’s not a big deal to you, then don’t worry about it. What is 5% of 4 oranges worth to you is the question.
3. Ease of Use Counts – The machine is simple to put together and take apart. You will have to work on cleaning any juicer. No getting around that, no matter which one you use. Cleaning this juicer is not complicated and easily done. I clean mine right after I juice and drink. Another trick to ease cleanup is to put a plastic grocery bag in your refuse container. It’s one less thing to wash. Pick up and drop into trash or empty into compost bin.
4. Stability Counts – You don’t want a juicer running around on your counter. The last thing you want is to juice two carrots or beets and have that end up on the counter and stain instead of in your juice container because the juicer isn’t sturdy. This juicer held it’s own against tough produce and I have never had issues.
5. Can it Juice Green? – By green, I mean can it handle leafy greens, which are a problem for most low-end juicers. Not this one. I juice spinach, red swiss chard and kale regularly. And stringy greens like celery as well. And it handles it all well.
6. Do I need to be a stud to handle this? – I’ve dealt with juicer scenarios where I had to use both arms and my body weight to push push push the produce through. Not this juicer. It gobbles up produce as I feed it in. Love that it’s speedy and powerful.
So, don’t think about it. Whether you’re an all time juicer or a sometimes juicer, this is a great product for a good price.
PS: Centrifugal juicers do not heat up your produce any more than masticating juicers. There have been studies done on this. Look them up. Plus – a masticating juicer takes 20-30 mins to ‘chew’ through the fruit and veggies to make juice. That means the first piece of juice would have been oxidizing for 20-30 mins before I could drink it. So really – the centrifugal juicer is quick, saves you money, saves you time and is easy to clean.
Update: Dec 31st
I still love this juicer. I usually juice twice a day. It handles all produce well. The ONLY issue I have had is with juicing pineapples. It seems to leak a little underneath the plastic, probably because I am putting in a lot of the pineapple in at the same time. The overflow of juice inside the juicer as it is being poured out into the container probably accounts for the minor leakage. In other words, slow down when juicing a large quantity of a super juicy fruit or veggie(I juice an entire pineapple sometimes) by alternating with less juicy produce, or give the juicer an extra 5-10 seconds to empty itself into the container.
Update March 1st
Still loving it!
99 of 100 people found the following review helpful.
Love our new juicer
For the past couple of years we had been using a juiceman jr. We liked it but it was having difficulty holding up to all the juicing we began to do most recently. We did some research and felt that the Breville would meet our needs. I was happy to learn with the bigger mouth I didn’t have to do as much prep work as I had been doing with the juiceman jr. Also, the Breville has two speeds and a booklet that has great recipes and suggestions. Relatively easy to clean and put back together. We have used it everyday and is holding up to all the various fruits and vegetables we are juicing!
See all 197 customer reviews…